Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Less mystery, more questions

Spent a good part of Memorial Day weekend going thru family photos and writing on the backs of them--identifying as many people as possible.  It's something I've meant to do for ages.  It makes me feel like Josef Binder must have felt when he copied those church records legibly--not for me, but for the future.

I posted this "four boys" pic last month.  It was among mom's photos, but who knows how it got there?  Then, I found the four girls pic, and realized it had to be the same day, since that's mom on the left.  Could it have been her First Communion class?  Or the grade school graduates from Buckman that year?  I suspect now that the house behind them is the convent.


HOORAY--yes, I found it!  The pictures must have been part of the class pictured to the left.  So, eighth grade grads or First Communion.

BTW, Larry thinks the kids were around 12-13, cuz it looks like the boys hadn't had the typical growth spurt yet, and the girls HAD.  I agree...


Oh, and if you're from Buckman and have a relative who was born around 1915, then it's probable that you know one of these 14 kids.  Leave a comment or email me if you recognize any of them, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment