Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Katherine (Naber) Bahns 1881-1854

Grandma Margaret Naber (Janson) had a sister named Katherine.  According to the 1910 Buckman township census, Katherina and her husband William Bahns had 3 little girls by then--Rose, Regina and Helen.  They evidently lived east of town because a page later I found Andrew Suess.  
We know they married in Iowa in 1902, and that Rose and Regina were born there, but Helen was born in Minnesota.  The only two photos of Katherine we know we have are HERE and HERE, and we have none of William (1869-1932).

However, among mom's pictures, the girl with the accordian I think is Helen or Betty Bahns, both of whom I remember.  Larry found a reference to William Bahns leading a band in Pierz, so music was probably a part of their home life.   I can't tell which of mom's cousins she is, but I do know that's Helen in the next two pics.


Helen Bahns married Lawrence Cable around 1940.  That's them on the right....


and Helen behind the girl below.  No, I don't know who the others are...lol.


This little girl is the next generation: She's Katherine's grandaughter Shirley, born in 1941.  Her dad, John, was the youngest of Katherines kids, born in 1914.

I'd really like to hear from a Bahns descendant, or a Cable or Sarp or Hoheisel!

No comments:

Post a Comment