Friday, May 27, 2011

Mom and Muriel

Today, Minnesota Public Radio broadcast a program called 

Of course, Muriel Humphrey was part of the audio, which made me think of mom, who admired Muriel a lot. 


In fact, my sisters wrote to Mrs Humphrey and asked for an autographed photo.  It arrived in time for mom's birthday, I think.  We teased about framing the photo or building a little altar ala the BVM.  Since Muriel had sent the photo on request, "Muriel" could be asked for just about anything, like, "I've always wanted blue eyes--I bet Muriel could get em for me..."  It was always funny, really.

Well, ok, I suppose you had to be there.


I think mom liked her apparent calmness and loyalty, and that she spoke well.  When I think of mom's heros, I'd say they were Jack Paar, Winnie Doroff and Muriel Humphrey....a pretty elite subset of humanity, but only Muriel sent an autographed 8X10 glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment