Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A trip to Bancroft, Iowa


This was a negative I found in moms' stuff.  The poor quality is because I scanned it and then reversed the black & white.  It wasn't the best pic to begin with, but I recognize all of 'em, even mom's shadow there on the right, as she took the photo...lol
It's Reinhard Janson, Walburga and Ida Naber, Helen and Lawrence Cable, with Naber's chicken coop in the background.
I'm trying to figure out what year it probably was: it's cold enough to wear coats, but Ida and Walburg just dashed outside for the photo-op.  There are no leaves on the tree to the left and no leaves on the ground, so it's probably spring....Uncle Reinhard looks like he did in his U of M pics....I don't have a date when Helen Gertrude Bahns married Lawrence Anthony Cable, but this trip was probably to introduce Lawrence to the Naber sisters.  My best guess is April, 1942.  If I'm right, Helen was expecting little Lawrence, who was born in November that year.  She does look a little urppy....lol

Helen's mother was Katherine (Naber) Bahns, and Reinhard and Linda (mom)'s mother was Margaret (Naber) Janson. Katherine and Margaret's dad was Gerhard Naber, whose oldest  half-brother was Henry, the father of Ida and Walburga Naber...got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment