Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Was this really a 'hired girl'?


The first time I saw this photo, I asked mom who it was, and she said the little girls were "Loretta and me". Ok....then, who was the big girl?  She glanced at it again and said it was probably one of the 'hired girls' they had in those years. :::::  Now, all these years later, I think mom was wrong.  I recognize the barn with white trim as being in Nabers yard, in Bancroft.  I think the Jansons were there, visiting Henry, Ida and Walburga.  (Mom looks about 8 here, and Loretta, 6.  That would make the year 1923).
So, if the "big girl" was either Ida or Walburg, then we need to compare pictures:

Hmm! Between them, Ida was always the camera nut, so I think she took this picture of the kids with her sister Walburga--who was--wow--quite lovely, at 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment