Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Some Janson Photos


I've always liked this photo of my Janson grandparents.  It must have been taken in the 1930s / early 40s, possibly at Pine Grove Park in Little Falls, Minnesota.  (Grandpa's straw boater seems earlier than 1930, but Grandma's hat seems later, and the grills in the left background indicate it was a park.  The grills're probably still in service).

Grandma's wearing the same dress and hat in this photo....but I don't think it was the same day, and she looks thinner in the park picture.  Also, the grass is short (mowed) in this picture, and it's not, in the park.  I'm trying to think of a reason for the corsage, tho.  She was no longer alive when her two surviving children were married.

Mom's sister Loretta died in October 1938, and this photo was probably taken the day of her funeral.  Here, from the right, is Reinhard at 17 and Linda at 23.  The older woman has to be Katherine (Naber) Bahns and 5 of her children--I recognize them, but not well enough to name them, except for Johnny. 
They're Betty (Sarp), Helen (Cable), Angie and Regina Bahns, I think.  If you know, let me know and I'll change the post.
Here's Loretta (left) and Linda (right) with ??  Mom looks to be about 8 there, so it was about 1923.  They're in a farm yard...near a cellar door I don't recognize.  It could be from a trip to see Ida and Walberg Naber, in Bancroft, Iowa? 



More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment