Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My grandma's glasses

A photo of  mom's mom in her garden on the farm, most likely in the 40's.  I have 5-6 pictures of her, none of them smiling.  Too bad, cuz I suspect that's where mom got her beautiful teeth.

 

Looking thru mom's "Janson Memorabilia" box, I found an envelope marked "My mothers' glasses".

It's sad we know so little about her, but holding her glasses in my hand makes her a bit more real.  I put them on, and found that my face is wider than hers was, and the ear pieces are tough to hook over my ears. I suppose if I had to wear them, I wouldn't smile, either.


It's interesting that the lenses attach to the frame only at the nose, and theres a tiny bit of 'grandma schmutz' still on the glass right there, 64 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment