Monday, November 23, 2009

Pictures of Anton Janson

Grandpa Janson died when I was 5 years old. I was very fond of him, partly because he brought me dried apricots "straight from California" and let me try them while I perched on his lap, and partly because he would just show up at our house while we were eating breakfast.  I vividly remember looking up from my cheerios and shouting, "Grandpa's here!"

Most of my 'memories' of him, tho, are through pictures I looked at as a kid.  Mom inherited his desk, and the bottom right-hand drawer was full of photos he kept over the years.  We were told to "leave them alone", but that only made me more interested. 

Now that I have many of those pictures on the computer, it's easy to share them with you. 

Grandpa and mom...in the 40s?


Mom and dad's wedding reception at the farm...with my Hesch grandparents, too.


Holding his first grandchild, on the farm in Buckman.



Ida and Walburg came for a visit...c 1948


A return visit when I was a year old...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment