Thursday, November 12, 2009

Naber photos

Looking thru my computer picture files, I realized I DO have some ancestor photos, tho I have no idea where I got them.  Were they with the hand-drawn Naber tree I posted a few days ago?  Or, from something I found at the history museum?  ('Course, if I forgot  I HAD 'em, how likely am I to remember where they came from?)  The gentleman on the left is marked John Naber, from Oldenberg.

This one says "Bernard Naber Wedding", but there were at least 4 Bernards, all born in the 1860s, with different Naber fathers.  Evidently, they loved that name.  Still, I assume this is the son of Gerhard Naber and Elizabeth Rupipper.  Does anyone know what his wife's name was?  Our Bernard was born in 1864.
On the left, we have Henry Naber and Marion (Guck) Naber, possibly  on their wedding day?  They look a little long in the tooth to be newly-weds, but you never know.  Larry mentioned Marion Guck last night, and the name seemed new to both of us, which made me go look thru my files.  Thing is, when we find something related, we simply save it so it's there if we eventually figure out WHO it is.  Bingo!














This was Henry Naber as a young man...it certainly looks like the man above, huh? 








Oh, and did you know that Gerhard Naber had a son named Gerhard?  Here's his wedding photo:






Gerhard and Julia (Grittner) Naber, married c 1909 in Buckman, Minnesota.  They eventually moved to St Cloud, where he worked in the granite quarries.  They had 4 children: Pauline, John, Albin and Donald.

No comments:

Post a Comment